May 16, 2010

Accidentally in paradise

A split decision
throwing things in a bag
car top down, sun on my head
shoulders not carrying
sunglasses perched
with urgency

Along the drive
the same drive I've seen
countless times
still can imagine you
in the seat next to me

Miles pass
I'm not noticing
the way home is always longer
trees highlighted with Spring sun
patches of clouds take light away
and give it back like a reminder

Songs are my company;
endless etudes, timeless tunes
friends I've known for years 
whose words alter in meaning
as years go
every one having a scene 
of you in their memories

A drink
a meal alone
and now
dark surrounds
the ocean outside the same window
makes the same lilting sounds
in the expanse of the same little room
just me and my waves
knowing
what's not here



No comments:

Post a Comment